Shipping Clerk & Delivery Driver
Full Time Position
Who we are:
We are a growing veterinary practice that specializes in calves and cattle. Our clients produce dairy & dairy cross feeder calves, dairy replacement heifers, and dairy & beef fat cattle. We focus on preventative medicine through design of vaccine protocols, diagnostic services, management consultation, contract research and development, as well as providing the supplies necessary for our clients to be successful and profitable.
Who we are looking for:
This person is an integral part of the success of CalfCare. The person will be responsible for accurately preparing orders for shipments, accepting incoming shipments, and helping oversee the general organization of the warehouse. They will also be responsible for set delivery route areas each day for deliveries and pick up for CalfCare clients. They may also be asked to pick up orders from manufacturers in that day’s route area. The Shipping Clerk & Delivery Drivers will report to the Shipping & Warehouse manager. They will work closely with the warehouse, field reps, veterinarians, and the rest of the CalfCare team as well as CalfCare clients. They may be asked to help in other departments some days when needed.
Duties, may include but not limited to:
- Receives goods and verifies the quality and count of all items unloaded from trucks and trailers; checks against suppliers count and immediately reports discrepancies to carriers, supervisor, and purchasing manager per company policy.
- Restocks supplies and inventory. Communicate with Purchasing Manager on product inventory needs.
- Maintains database of shipment data to ensure that customer orders are updated and that appropriate billing documents are provided to accounting or other associated departments as required.
- Transports materials on shipping dock with a hand truck or other vehicle as needed. Loads and unload trucks using a forklift, after completion of certification.
- Plans and completes an efficient delivery and pick up route for the day. Loads delivery vehicle with parcels scheduled for delivery.
- Delivers parcels to correct addresses, obtaining signatures and proof of receipt when necessary. Picks up parcels along the scheduled route, including items to be returned, company orders, and other items as requested.
- Communicates with Fleet Services about basic service needs and mechanical issues. Maintaining basic records of truck mileage and deliveries made.
- Assists in general warehouse duties when delivery route is completed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Clothing allowance
- Paid vacation days and sick days
- Simple IRA (employer matched)
- Health Insurance
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and the ability to drive safely.
- Ability to use navigation tools such as onboard GPS, smartphone apps, and/or web-based or physical maps to plan delivery routes.
- Ability to maintain basic logs and records.
- Ability to carry out a series of instructions without constant supervision.
- Able to remain professional and courteous at all times.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to load and unload packages with and without dollies in various types of weather.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
CalfCare is located in North Manchester, Indiana. We are 45 minutes from Fort Wayne and 2 hours from Indianapolis. North Manchester and surrounding areas are rural yet home to several universities. You can have the small-town atmosphere with local attractions and be just a short drive from larger cities with the many attractions they host.
If calves and the people who raise them are your passion, please submit a cover letter and résumé or CV.