Delivery & Shipping
Full Time or Part Time Position
This person is an integral part of the success of CalfCare. They will be responsible for loading and setting delivery route areas each day for deliveries and picking up for CalfCare clients. Periodically, the individual will also be responsible for accurately preparing orders for shipments, accepting incoming shipments, and helping oversee the general organization of the warehouse. Additionally, they may be asked to pick up orders from manufacturers in that day’s route area. The Shipping Clerk & Delivery Drivers will report to the Shipping & Warehouse Manager. They will work closely with the warehouse team, field representatives, veterinarians, and the rest of the CalfCare team, as well as CalfCare clients. On some days, they may also be asked to help in other departments when needed.
Duties, may include but not limited to:
- Transports materials on shipping dock with a hand truck or other vehicle as needed. Loads and unload trucks using a forklift, after completion of certification.
- Plans and completes an efficient delivery and pick up route for the day. Loads delivery vehicle with parcels scheduled for delivery. Verifies that all open orders for that day’s route are packed and loaded.
- Delivers parcels to correct addresses, obtaining signatures and proof of receipt when necessary. Picks up parcels along the scheduled route, including items to be returned, company orders, and other items as requested.
- Communicates with Fleet Services about basic service needs and mechanical issues. Maintaining basic records of truck mileage and deliveries made.
- Assists in general warehouse duties when delivery route is completed if needed.
- Receives goods and verifies the quality and count of all items unloaded from trucks and trailers; checks against suppliers count and immediately reports discrepancies to carriers, supervisor, and purchasing manager per company policy.
- Restocks supplies and inventory. Communicate with Purchasing Manager on product inventory needs.
- Maintains database of shipment data to ensure that customer orders are updated and that appropriate billing documents are provided to accounting or other associated departments as required.
- Potential for 1 day overnight stays, due to some extended distance routes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and the ability to drive safely.
- Ability to use navigation tools such as onboard GPS, smartphone apps, and/or web-based or physical maps to plan delivery routes.
- Ability to maintain basic logs and records.
- Ability to carry out a series of instructions without constant supervision.
- Able to remain professional and courteous at all times.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to load and unload packages with and without dollies in various types of weather.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
Benefits (Full Time):
- Clothing allowance
- Paid vacation days and sick days
- Simple IRA (employer matched)
- Employer-sponsored Health Insurance