Full Time Position
Who we are:
We are a growing veterinary practice that specializes in calves and cattle. Our clients produce dairy & dairy cross feeder calves, dairy replacement heifers, and dairy & beef fat cattle. We focus on preventative medicine through design of vaccine protocols, diagnostic services, management consultation, contract research and development, as well as providing the supplies necessary for our clients to be successful and profitable.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone that shares our same passion for cattle and the people that raise them. The management trainee position was created as a way for a recent college graduate or someone new to the industry to learn more about our clients and our team while developing and growing their skill set. The Management Trainee will work with the veterinarians, delivery and office personnel to improve the CalfCare experience for our clients. The trainee will spend at least three to four weeks in each area of the CalfCare team (Sales, Purchasing, Shipping & Receiving, Research, Scheduling, Service) learning about each of the areas. This will allow for a strong foundation of knowledge and understanding of CalfCare as they transition into a permanent role on the CalfCare team that will be best suited to the persons strengths and CalfCare’s needs.
Duties, may include but not limited to:
- Take/process orders assuring the client gets what they require, in a timely manner.
- General office duties. Such as: filing, answering the phone, taking sales orders from clients, assisting the purchasing manager in projecting sales and placing order for products.
- Assisting the Shipping & Receiving team: receiving in new product and labeling it before it goes out, packing orders, delivering products to clients.
- Assisting Research Team: Assist in collection of specimen, recordkeeping, collecting biological samples and storing them in the appropriate manner, feed cattle and administer treatments, as needed.
- Assist in other departments when needed.
- Clothing allowance
- Paid vacation days and sick days
- Simple IRA (employer matched)
- Health Insurance
- 18 years old or older
- Valid driver’s license, with clean driving record
- Able to stand/walk for entire shift
- Be able to lift and carry fifty (50) pounds, repetitively
- Ability to multitask, self-motivated, and have the ability to work well with others
- Ability to work overtime when necessary (preferred)
- Knowledge of animal husbandry and animal handing skills (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
CalfCare is located in North Manchester, Indiana. We are 45 minutes from Fort Wayne and 2 hours from Indianapolis. North Manchester and surrounding areas are rural yet home to several universities. You can have the small-town atmosphere with local attractions and be just a short drive from larger cities with the many attractions they host.
If calves and the people who raise them are your passion, please submit a cover letter and résumé or CV.