Full Time Position
Who we are:
We are veterinary practice that specializes in calves and cattle. Our clients produce dairy & dairy cross feeder calves, dairy replacement heifers, and dairy & beef fat cattle. We focus on preventative medicine through design of vaccine protocols, diagnostic services, management consultation, contract research and development, as well as providing the supplies necessary for our clients to be successful and profitable.
Who we are looking for:
The Bookkeeping Manager will perform duties within accounts payable and accounts receivable; payroll; and tracking the organization’s assets, liabilities, profits, losses, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
Duties, may include but not limited to:
- Review accounts payable invoices and prepare payments to be signed.
- Enter vendor information into accounting software system; verify that invoice information is entered correctly.
- Upload and run Positive Pay reports with financial institution.
- Prepares periodic inventory control reports.
- Provides the outside accountant with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual tax preparation.
- Prepare annual 1099 & 1096 tax forms.
- Prepare and disseminate W2 forms.
- File required tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Track, report, and process Sales/Use Tax to appropriate states.
- Maintain fixed asset schedule.
- As appropriate, coordinate with software vendor to maintain accounting software system; recommend and implement updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Assist in answering phones, taking orders, transferring calls when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Has a basic understanding of bookkeeping practices and procedures.
- Has knowledge of general financial accounting.
- Is proficient in account reconciliation.
- Understands and adheres to generally accepted accounting practices.
- Has excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Is able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Has experience with accounting software, specifically QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times. Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
Education and Experience:
Associate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline & 2 years of experience in field
Associate degree in Business, Economics, or related discipline with at least 2 semesters in Principles of Accounting or related courses & 2 years of experience in field
or 5 years or greater experience in the field.
CalfCare is located in North Manchester, Indiana. We are 45 minutes from Fort Wayne and 2 hours from Indianapolis. North Manchester and surrounding areas are rural yet home to several universities. You can have the small-town atmosphere with local attractions and be just a short drive from larger cities with the many attractions they host.
If calves and the people who raise them are your passion, please submit a cover letter and résumé or CV.